Blog disclosures fall under the Federal Trade Commission’s “truth in advertising” law. The FTC is the nation’s consumer protection agency which works to prevent fraudulent, deceptive and unfair business practices in the marketplace. When consumers see or hear an advertisement, federal law says that ad must be truthful, not misleading, and when appropriate, backed by scientific evidence. The FTC looks especially closely at advertising claims that can affect consumers’ health or their pocketbooks.
The FTC applies the same standards no matter where an ad appears – including AsWellAsICanBe.com. In 2009, the FTC revised its truth-in-advertising guides to include online endorsements.
In addition to a dedicated disclosure page, HealthyAsICanBe.com must also include a disclosure statement on individual sponsored posts. The law requires disclosure of any material relationships that you have with brands or advertisers when you write a review or recommend a product or service to your readers.
Bloggers must disclose the following:
- When you receive a free product and review it
- When you link to a product’s website and receive a commission (affiliate links)
- When you receive money, product or services for posting about a product or company
Terms Of Service
The term “Healthy As I Can Be” or “HealthyAsICanBe.com” or “our” or “us” or “we” or “me” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is PO Box 993., Eau Claire, WI 54702. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- From time to time, HealthyAsICanBe.com may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of United States.
The materials and content contained in this website are for general information only and are applicable only to the author. This website, HealthyAsICanBe.com, is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis or treatment. Readers should not rely on this information for their own health needs without additional professional advice. Specific questions should be discussed with your personal health care provider.
Information is provided by Healthy As I Can Be and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website, you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Healthy As I Can Be. We have no control over the nature, content, and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, As Well As I Can Be takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Healthy As I Can Be is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Healthy As I Can Be may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postal code, preferences, and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to PO Box 993, Eau Claire, WI 54702.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Ads shown on this site offer my readers links and information about products and services that I recommend. Clicking on them gives me a bit of income to supplement my Social Security. I also participate in other associate programs from time to time.
Maintaining the security of all data is our priority as is respecting your privacy rights. HealthyAsICanBe.com pledges to handle all data fairly and legally. We are also dedicated to data transparency. This policy applies whenever or wherever you access HealthyAsICanBe.com.
How we use your data
HealthyAsICanBe.com uses your personal data to make the website available to you, to manage your account and verify your identity. If you agree, we will use your personal data to contact you via email about promotional offers and products and services which may interest you as a subscriber to a blog about ME. We may use your email address and name for market research to better understand your needs and to enable customer service if you have a complaint or suggestion for improvement.
Additionally, your personal information may be used to help with crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes and if we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information.
You can opt out of receiving promotional communications sent directly to your email address by setting or changing your communication preferences, unsubscribing via the email link or contacting HealthyAsICanBe.com through channels explained in this policy.
Sharing data with third parties
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners in the areas of IT and marketing. We allow service partners to handle your personal data only after we are assured they apply and maintain appropriate data protection and security controls. We have contractual obligations for service providers relating to data protection and security which limit their use of your data to provide services and for no other purpose.
Other than those above, we will not disclose your personal data to any other third party, except as set out below.
- If we have your consent
- When required by governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts or other public safety entities
- To comply with our legal obligations
- To exercise our legal rights, for example in a court case
- For prevention, detection, and investigation of a crime or to prosecute offenders
- For the protection of our employees and contractors
It may sometimes be necessary to share your data outside the USA. This typically occurs when service providers are located in other North American countries or the European Union. If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer is compliant with data protection laws and that your personal information will be secure.
Additionally, we will not retain your personal information any longer than is necessary. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however, the longest retention period for personal data is usually six years.
How you can protect your personal data
HealthyAsICanBe.com will not ask you to confirm bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive such an email, please do not respond as this is a phishing expedition.
If you use a device (computer, smartphone, Kindle, etc.) in a public location we recommend that you log out and close the browser when you complete an online session.
Additionally, keep your passwords private and do not use one password on multiple sites. Passwords longer than eight characters and contain letters and numbers are most secure. A password manager is an excellent choice for managing your online activity.
You have the following rights:
- To ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
- To request (in certain circumstances) that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
- To ask us to update and correct any personal information we hold
- To opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using/holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
- To ask us (in certain circumstances) to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
- To ask us to supply you (in certain circumstances) with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organization (the right to data portability).
- If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
HealthyAsICanBe collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below) and complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing personal data in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email or text message.
Blog subscribers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
The normal legal basis for processing customer data is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of HealthyAsICanBe.com including:
- Selling and/or supplying goods and services to our customers;
- Protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health, and welfare;
- Promoting, marketing and advertising of our products and services;
- Sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers
- Understanding our customers’ behavior, activities, preferences, and needs;
- Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- Preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behavior and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- Managing insurance claims by customers;
- Protecting HealthyAsICanBe.com, its employees, and subscribers by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to HealthyAsICanBe.com;
- Effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against HealthyAsICanBe.com; and
- Fulfilling our duties to our subscribers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
Cookies are small data files which are placed on your computer or other devices (such as smartphones or tablets) as you browse this website. They are used to ‘remember’ when your computer or device accesses our website. Cookies are essential for the effective operation of HealthyAsICanBe.com.
The cookies stored on your computer or other devices when you access our websites are designed by:
- HealthyAsICanBe.com or on behalf of HealthyAsICanBe.com, and are necessary to enable you to make purchases on our website;
- Third parties who participate with us in marketing programs; and
- Third parties who place advertisements on behalf of HealthyAsICanBe.com on the web page
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to online transactions and site navigation.
- For HealthyAsICanBe.com to market to you, particularly blog advertisements and targeted updates.
- To enable HealthyAsICanBe.com to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
- To enable AsHealthyWellAsICanBe.com to meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
If you wish to disable cookies, you need to change your web browser settings to reject cookies. The way to do this varies with whichever browser you use. Please read browser-specific directions for IE, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Silk, Safari or other browsers.
If cookies are disabled, HealthysWellAsICanBe.com may not operate properly. If you only disable third party cookies you will not have complete access or be able to purchase using links on AsWellAsICanBe.com.
Data Used: To deliver this functionality and record activities around site management, the following information is captured: user email address, user role, user login, user display name, WordPress.com and local user IDs, the activity to be recorded, the WordPress.com-connected site ID of the site on which the activity takes place, the site’s Jetpack version, and the timestamp of the activity. Some activities may also include the actor’s IP address (login attempts, for example) and user agent.
Activity Tracked: Login attempts/actions, post and page update and publish actions, comment/pingback submission and management actions, plugin and theme management actions, widget updates, user management actions, and the modification of other various site settings and options. Retention duration of activity data depends on the site’s plan and activity type. See the complete list of currently-recorded activities (along with retention information).
Data Synced (?): Successful and failed login attempts, which will include the actor’s IP address and user agent.
Data Used: The following information (made available from the visitor’s browser) is collected and sent to Automattic’s Demand Partners: IP address, geographical data (derived from the IP address), user agent, operating system, device type, unique user ID (randomly generated identifier), current URL, and IAB (Interactive Advertising Bureau) interest category. Log data (IP address, geographical data, user agent, operating system, device type) is stored for 30 days. The unique user ID is stored in cookies and is retained for 1 year.
Activity Tracked: Ad impressions, video-related events (i.e. pause, mute, 100% plays, etc.) or errors, and ad click events. Various cookies are used for the following purposes: delivering targeted advertisements to specific visitors, storing user identifiers, and collecting anonymous ad platform stats.
This feature is only accessible to users logged in to WordPress.com.
Data Used: In order to process a comment like, the following information is used: WordPress.com user ID/username (you must be logged in to use this feature), the local site-specific user ID (if the user is signed in to the site on which the like occurred), and a true/false data point that tells us if the user liked a specific comment. If you perform a like action from one of our mobile apps, some additional information is used to track the activity: IP address, user agent, the timestamp of the event, blog ID, browser language, country code, and device info.
Activity Tracked: Comment likes.
This feature is only available to sites on the Premium and Professional plans.
Data Used: Please refer to the appropriate Google Analytics documentation for the specific type of data it collects. For sites running WooCommerce (also owned by Automattic) and this feature simultaneously and having all purchase tracking explicitly enabled, purchase events will send Google Analytics the following information: order number, product id and name, product category, total cost, and quantity of items purchased. Google Analytics does offer IP anonymization, which can be enabled by the site owner.
Activity Tracked: This feature sends page view events (and potentially video play events) over to Google Analytics for consumption. For sites running WooCommerce-powered stores, some additional events are also sent to Google Analytics: shopping cart additions and removals, product listing views and clicks, product detail views, and purchases. Tracking for each specific WooCommerce event needs to be enabled by the site owner.
Data Used: This feature will send a hash of the user’s email address (if logged in to the site or WordPress.com — or if they submitted a comment on the site using their email address that is attached to an active Gravatar profile) to the Gravatar service (also owned by Automattic) in order to retrieve their profile image.
Data Used: In order to record page views via WordPress.com Stats (which must be enabled for page view tracking here to work) with additional loads, the following information is used: IP address, WordPress.com user ID (if logged in), WordPress.com username (if logged in), user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, timestamp of event, browser language, country code.
Activity Tracked: Page views will be tracked with each additional load (i.e. when you scroll down to the bottom of the page and a new set of posts loads automatically). If the site owner has enabled Google Analytics to work with this feature, a page view event will also be sent to the appropriate Google Analytics account with each additional load.
This feature is only accessible to users logged in to WordPress.com.
Data Used: In order to process a post like action, the following information is used: IP address, WordPress.com user ID, WordPress.com username, WordPress.com-connected site ID (on which the post was liked), post ID (of the post that was liked), user agent, timestamp of event, browser language, country code.
Activity Tracked: Post likes.
Data Used: A visitor’s preference on viewing the mobile version of a site.
Activity Tracked: A cookie (
akm_mobile) is stored for 3.5 days to remember whether or not a visitor of the site wishes to view its mobile version. Learn more about this cookie.
This feature is only accessible to registered users of the site who are logged in to WordPress.com.
Data Used: IP address, WordPress.com user ID, WordPress.com username, WordPress.com-connected site ID and URL, Jetpack version, user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, the timestamp of the event, browser language, country code. Some visitor-related information or activity may be sent to the site owner via this feature. This may include: email address, WordPress.com username, site URL, email address, comment content, follow actions, etc.
Activity Tracked: Sending notifications (i.e. when we send a notification to a particular user), opening notifications (i.e. when a user opens a notification that they receive), performing an action from within the notification panel (e.g. liking a comment or marking a comment as spam), and clicking on any link from within the notification panel/interface.
Data Used: In order to check login activity and potentially block fraudulent attempts, the following information is used: attempting user’s IP address, attempting user’s email address/username (i.e. according to the value they were attempting to use during the login process), and all IP-related HTTP headers attached to the attempting user.
Activity Tracked: Failed login attempts (these include IP address and user agent). We also set a cookie (
jpp_math_pass) for 1 day to remember if/when a user has successfully completed a math captcha to prove that they’re a real human. Learn more about this cookie.
Data Synced (?): Failed login attempts, which contain the user’s IP address, attempted username or email address, and user agent information.
Data Used: Any of the visitor-chosen search filters and query data in order to process a search request on the WordPress.com servers.
Data Used: To initiate and process subscriptions, the following information is used: subscriber’s email address and the ID of the post or comment (depending on the specific subscription being processed). In the event of a new subscription being initiated, we also collect some basic server data, including all of the subscribing user’s HTTP request headers, the IP address from which the subscribing user is viewing the page, and the URI which was given in order to access the page (
DOCUMENT_URI). This server data used for the exclusive purpose of monitoring and preventing abuse and spam.
Activity Tracked: Functionality cookies are set for a duration of 347 days to remember a visitor’s blog and post subscription choices if, in fact, they have an active subscription.
Data Used: For video play tracking via WordPress.com Stats, the following information is used: viewer’s IP address, WordPress.com user ID (if logged in), WordPress.com username (if logged in), user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, the timestamp of the event, browser language, country code. If Google Analytics is enabled, video play events will be sent there, as well.
Activity Tracked: Video plays.
Data Used: For payments with PayPal or Stripe: purchase total, currency, billing information. For taxes: the value of goods in the cart, value of shipping, destination address. For checkout rates: destination address, purchased product IDs, dimensions, weight, and quantities. For shipping labels: customer’s name, address as well as the dimensions, weight, and quantities of purchased products.
WordPress.com Secure Sign On
This feature is only accessible to registered users of the site with WordPress.com accounts.
Data Used: User ID (local site and WordPress.com), role (e.g. administrator), email address, username and display name. Additionally, for activity tracking (see below): IP address, WordPress.com user ID, WordPress.com username, WordPress.com-connected site ID and URL, Jetpack version, user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, the timestamp of the event, browser language, country code.
Activity Tracked: The following usage events are recorded: starting the login process, completing the login process, failing the login process, successfully being redirected after login, and failing to be redirected after login. Several functionality cookies are also set, and these are detailed explicitly in our Cookie documentation.
Data Synced (?): The user ID and role of any user who successfully signed in via this feature.
Data Used: IP address, WordPress.com user ID (if logged in), WordPress.com username (if logged in), user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, the timestamp of the event, browser language, country code. Important: The site owner does not have access to any of this information via this feature. For example, a site owner can see that a specific post has 285 views, but he/she cannot see which specific users/accounts viewed that post. Stats logs — containing visitor IP addresses and WordPress.com usernames (if available) — are retained by Automattic for 28 days and are used for the sole purpose of powering this feature.
This feature is only accessible to registered users of the site who are also logged in to WordPress.com.
Data Used: Gravatar image URL of the logged-in user in order to display it in the toolbar and the WordPress.com user ID of the logged-in user. Additionally, for activity tracking (detailed below): IP address, WordPress.com user ID, WordPress.com username, WordPress.com-connected site ID and URL, Jetpack version, user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, the timestamp of the event, browser language, country code.
Activity Tracked: Click actions within the toolbar.